Job Alert : Tractable Ai Position
Job Alert : Tractable Ai Position : Tractable is one of the super coolest Ai firms on the planet and this is a great opportunity!
From Tractable | Careers:
Engineering – London, UK
Who we are
Tractable is an Artificial Intelligence company bringing the speed and insight of Applied AI to visual assessment. Trained on millions of data points, our AI-powered solutions connect everyone involved in insurance, repairs, and sales of homes and cars – helping people work faster and smarter, while reducing friction and waste.
Founded in 2014, Tractable is now the AI tool of choice for world-leading insurance and automotive companies. Our solutions unlock the potential of Applied AI to transform the whole recovery ecosystem, from assessing damage and accelerating claims and repairs to recycling parts. They help make response to recovery up to ten times faster – even after full-scale disasters like floods and hurricanes.
We’ve got a best in class working culture focused around autonomy, collaboration, continuous learning, flexible working and more. In fact, we are a Certified ‘Great Place to Work 2022’ and rated 4.8/5 on Glassdoor due to our enjoyable and vibrant working culture and laser sharp focus on employee wellbeing.
What you will do
There are currently 130 and counting across the engineering organisation. We play a key part in bringing our AI to life. We collaborate closely with researchers developing our core AI models in cross-functional teams, and apply those AI models to real world problems in our products.
We work in small product teams consisting of Software Engineers, Machine Learning Researchers, Data Scientists and Product Managers. We build our teams to have all the expertise and context needed within the team to solve problems and build world-class products. We love collaboration and moving quickly. We enjoy using modern open-source technology and engineering best practices.
Engineers play an active role in shaping the future direction of the product we are working on. We are product-minded, and spend time understanding the wider business context when developing new features. We aim to cultivate a deep understanding of our customers and the user impact of our product, through close collaboration with the Product Manager of the team.
If you join us, you will be working out how we can best help millions of people around the world recover faster from an accident. We’re proud to see our product have a massive impact on people daily… and we know this is just the beginning.
The Efficiency Team
The AI Review product automates & streamlines the claim settlement process between insurers and bodyshop once an initial estimate has been created with the power of AI. Traditionally, the review & settlement process of a claim (which comes after a repair shop sends the estimate to the insurance company) is labour-intensive and manual. Our visual AI is able to understand the nature and amount of damage in an accident by analysing the vehicle’s photos, making it possible to automate & optimise this process.
The Efficiency team is an ML-first product team (composed of Product, Engineering & Research) in charge of optimising all of the related review use cases to make the process efficient. This involves building highly accurate AI-driven triage and prioritisation mechanisms, optimising the time taken by human adjusters to review a claim with the help of AI. Levering AI in order to improve the negotiation process between bodyshop & insurers.
It’s a varied role and someone who enjoys taking autonomy and ownership will thrive in this position. It involves working together with the Product team to understand our users, speaking directly to our users to get their feedback and understand their workflows, communicating with internal teams about how we can build out our product, and championing best practices within the team. It will suit someone who enjoys introducing new processes, best practices, and driving improvements!
As an Engineering Manager in this team, you’ll be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining a distributed software system that processes claims at scale.
- Work in a cross-functional team to develop our AI review platform backend in a scalable and sustainable way; our systems process hundreds of thousands of claims every month, and we are planning to continue scaling
- Deploy and support our production applications (includes on-call rotations)
- Partner with product managers, researchers, data scientists and other engineers to maximise the impact of AI models
- Understand our customer feedback and increasing the value we’re delivering to our customers
- Gather requirements for new features in collaboration with our product managers
- Develop and promote engineering best practices throughout the team
- Coach and mentor junior engineers
- Share your knowledge with the team
We’re tech agnostic when hiring so you don’t need experience with this stack to apply. Most of our team had little experience in this stack before joining us. If you are not familiar with this stack, then it’s a great opportunity to join our team and learn new technologies (and we’ll support you with that).
What you need to be successful
- 2+ years’ experience as a 2nd line People Manager.
- A track record of mentoring team members & driving team processes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to be able to liaise with internal teams
- Previous programming experience preferred (bonus if Python or Node.js)
- Previous experience with software architecture & API design
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle and CI/CD best practices
- Prior experience working with machine learning is a big bonus but not required
- Someone who cares about quality, from the first line of code to the impact on the end user
- Someone who thrives on ownership and autonomy, with self-drive to spot where we can improve
What’s in it for you
- Twice a year compensation reviews
- Generous equity package
- 25 days paid annual leave + bank holidays
- 5% employer match on pension
- Full private health coverage through Bupa
- Access to a virtual GP through Babylon
- Hybrid working (3 days working from home/week)
- Generous maternity + paternity leave
- Ability to work from abroad for up to 6 weeks/year
- L&D budget to use on Learnerbly (our learning platform)
- Mental health and career coaching through Sanctus
- Headspace subscription
- Payroll charitable donations (pre-tax)
- Commuter Club
- Cycle to Work scheme
- £100 work from home budget
At Tractable, we are committed to building a diverse team and inclusive workplace where people’s varied backgrounds and experiences are valued and recognised.
We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and offer equal opportunities without discrimination.
Job Alert : Tractable Ai Position